Monday, June 17, 2013

Our Weekend

Our weekend was what I would call a jam-packed family weekend.  At the risk of jinxing myself, I'll say that we are starting to feel like our kids are at an age where we can venture out and do a variety of activities with our kids without it feeling completely like an act of self-inflicted torture :)  Don't get me wrong; it can be pretty exhausting still, but I'm happy to say we are having more fun these days too.

Friday the kids wished both of their grandmothers (who share a birthday) happy birthday--over the phone, of course :(  They are so lucky to have these special ladies in their lives!  How we miss being able to visit them more regularly!  There aren't many days when the children don't ask when they can go and visit them both.


Saturday we all headed to the YMCA where Holland and I had a mommy-and-me swim class, Philip worked out, and Wade had a ball in the amazing child care area, in which my kids would happily play every day if I offered (and trust me: the two hours of FREE childcare each day with your membership are pretty amazing!)

Saturday afternoon we went to the pool as a family, where the kids were rather excited to show daddy all the fun things they like to do there.  


Saturday evening we had the best time at an outdoor concert at Eckert's Farm!  The music was amazing, the weather was perfect, and the frozen custard was even better :)  









Sunday we celebrated Father's Day with a family bike ride and dinner at a fantastic pizza restaurant (pizza being one of Philip's favorites, it only seemed fitting).  My kids are pretty darn blessed to call this guy their daddy.  You should see the celebrating that occurs each day when he arrives home.







We capped off the night with some of these bad boys for my peanut butter and pretzel-loving husband. Let's just say they did not disappoint and are currently tempting me from the next room!


Of course I also got to wish my own dad Happy Father's Day.  I think he's pretty great too, and I so wish I could have hugged him in person!



You know I must love the guy when I choose to post a picture of this nature for all the internet to see-- what with me sporting my dad's old running clothes for a Christmas run this past year, not to mention the VT hat on my dad's head (we're Wahoos around here in case you've forgotten :)

No comments:

Post a Comment