Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Highlights

It's been a whirlwind of a week.  Lots of baking and crafting and general Valentine's prep.  I did end up  adding a bit of v-day cheer around the house.

I made the wreath I talked about here.  With the exception of the fact that it is way too small for our front door, I think it turned out pretty cute!


I also whipped up a little love garland (banner?  what do you call these things?).  I was inspired by an instagram picture from Tessa.



I simply tied ribbon through holes in pre-cut felt hearts and strung them all together  with some twine.

I love that when it comes to Valentine's decorating, it's actually ok if your decor looks like a five-year old could have made it :)





My favorite little kitchen assistant and I made cookies that were allergy free!

He loved them, which made this mama so very happy.
































This little girl is serious about her coloring.

These little nuggets of heaven arrived in the mail courtesy of Philip's parents.  What a treat!

Of course yesterday morning was spent with me scurrying around like a crazy person to finish up the valentines we made for our friends.
I am not a really crafty person by nature.  I like to decorate yes, and I appreciate a bargain, so this can lead to attempts at craftiness.  That being said, these were really easy to make, and my kids both enjoyed helping, which is supposed to be the point, right? :)  Idea here



While my little people were at school, my husband was kind enough to arrange this for me.


My dad sent me tulips! (and a sweet little orchid for Miss Holland)

We capped off the day with a date on the town.


I hope you also had a great Valentine's Day and felt loved and cherished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment