Monday, February 25, 2013

Fabric Love {Mally Skok}

I tend to be drawn to fabrics that have a bit of an ethnic feel to them, so it's no surprise that I was delighted to recently come across the work of designer Mally Skok.  She designs wallpapers and fabrics, and I love that her designs come across as organic, earthy, and colorful all at the same time.

Source: mallyskokdesign.com via Anne on Pinterest</ div>


via 

Of course someone as talented as herself sells her textiles to the trade only, and I would imagine her fabric is easily priced at over $100/yd.  As I looked through her portfolio, I couldn't help but think I had seen similar designs while perusing eBay.

As it turns out Heritage Trading Company (I got the trim I blogged about here from them as well) does sell a number of globally-inspired fabrics that have been produced by the technique known as hand block printing in India.  Now, these designs are printed on a lightweight cotton, whereas I believe Mally Skok's lines incorporate higher end materials such as linen and silk.  Nevertheless, most everything I found on eBay came in at well under $10/yd!

Here are a few that I think come pretty close if you are after the look of the higher end fabric but can't pay the price tag.

This guy...(available for purchase here)
Source: ebay.com via Anne on Pinterest



Reminds me of this one from Mally Skok:



















I feel like this one (buy it here)
Source: ebay.com via Anne on Pinterest

has a similar feel to this higher priced fabric:



















This sweet pink would look cute in a girl's room. For drapes or roman shades maybe? Or a crib skirt?! (purchase it here)
Source: ebay.com via Anne on Pinterest


and it reminds me of this one from Mally Skok



















Lastly, this one is fun (buy it here)
Source: ebay.com via Anne on Pinterest

and the colors are spot on for this design by Mally Skok!



















So what do you think?  I'd love to see some of the Heritage Trading Company fabrics in person...

*All images of Mally Skok fabric taken from her website (where you can also find more beautiful fabric and images from her design portfolio).












1 comment:

  1. thanks for educating me all about curtains and fabric! :) love it all!

    ReplyDelete