Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Banff!

A couple weeks ago, Philip and I were privileged to be able to join my family on a business trip with my dad's company, New York Life, to Banff, Canada.  It is an absolutely gorgeous place; we only wish we'd had more time to explore all the area had to offer.  And as you can probably gather from my pictures, it was cold!  Really cold!  Apparently, the high tourist season is July/August, and I can imagine why.  There's hiking, climbing, backpacking, and water sports to be enjoyed--how much more desirable when it's not 30 degrees :)  Though don't get me wrong--the chilly Fall area was really lovely too.  With the exception of the second night there when I started having regular contractions and ended up in a hospital an hour away, we had a wonderful time.  (It was as scary as it sounds, but don't worry--all is well and baby is staying put!)  We stayed at the amazing Fairmont Banff Springs Resort, and trust me when I say it did not disappoint!
























Of course, I also had to take note of the pretty details in the hotel...


How gorgeous was our bathroom?  I thought the pairing of the marble, the dark soapstone (I think?) counters, and the warm wood console (love the open shelving) made for a great combination.


Grasscloth walls brought in yet another texture to the space.


And who can argue with black and white basketweave floors in the elevator?  Not me.


Of course, this wonderful getaway could not have been possible without the generosity of Philip's mom who flew all the way from VA to CA to stay with Wade and Holland, after just having returned from a trip to China (!!) a mere five days earlier.  We are very much indebted to her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment